!! UPDATED 30/04/2017 !!
Hi guys many will wonder how to add custom dns like googles open dns or many other custom dns out there available for all to use this is very simple to do in the AR300 and MT300 mini routers so let’s get started on the guide and let’s get you up and running.
- Below is a picture without prevent dns leaks i am connected to a vpn but the dns is local and showing true dns usage which we don’t want.
- LET’S FIX THIS NOW in your routers web interface click on the top local ip, as pictured below and click custom dns and pictured also.
After you click Custom dns as pictured below.
enter a custom dns
Below are a few free dns services available for this example i will add googles open dns servers
blocking openload links 30/04/2017
freeDNS Surf freely. No DNS redirects. No Logging.
Provides free fast DNS servers, which should be more reliable than your ISP’s. In addition, its DNS servers will filter out any malicious sites, including those that house malware, phishing scams, spyware and excessive advertising. There’s no configuration available, you just switch your DNS servers to use Comodo’s addresses and you’re done.
Comodo server addresses:
Provides free and unfiltered DNS servers. It may be a good choice if you don’t want to send information to Google about which sites you’re visiting. Its DNS servers are in Germany, which may mean some performance issues, depending on where you live. The provider promises not to log any DNS server requests or filter out any websites.
DNS.WATCH server addresses:
Is a service provided for free by the maker’s of the popular security suite. It has three levels of filtering built in, which you choose by using the applicable DNS server addresses (see below).
- Policy A just filters malware, phishing and scam sites;
- Policy B filters everything that A does, plus pornographic sites;
- Policy C filters A and B, plus it filters sites that contain mature content, gambling, alcohol, crime and so on.
Norton ConnectSafe Policy A server addresses:
Norton ConnectSafe Policy B server addresses:
Norton ConnectSafe Policy C server addresses:
Read Norton description for what Policy A, Policy B, Policy C, each policy blocks specific CONTENT
Now you have entered the dns servers TICK Force all clients to use then click Apply.
After clicking apply it will only take a few seconds and its done in the picture you can only see a few of the dns servers but if you look just under test completed look at servers found each list has a list of servers found 6, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 6, each of those found are in the list below but i cannot show you as screenshots don’t allow me sorry.
I hope this guide helps you out and get you sorted.
As a kodi and Enigma user i would recommend using a VPN while watching Movies, TV Show, streaming P2P content, streaming tv channels, A VPN will goe-unblock content, unblock sources and keep you anonymous online. I Highly recommend the IPVANISH VPN because its easy to use and it won't slow down your internet connection.
Start accessing all kodi add-ons with a VPN!
GET a VPN and unblock KODI TODAY! Sign Up Here > IPVANISH
- Hide your browsing activity
- Access EVERYTHING! on Enigma2
- Access all Kodi add-ons
- P2P Torrents Allowed
- Access BBC IPLAYER, ITV PLAYER and more from around the world
- Access geo-restricted content from anywhere
- No Activity logs of your traffic
- Prevent ISP throttling
- Hide Yourself from the world
- Access blocked content from all over the world
- 7 day money back guarantee
- Routers with custom firmwares